Friday, February 22, 2013

The Pleasure Palace by Kate Emerson

The Pleasure Palace (Secrets of the Tudor Court, #1)The Pleasure Palace by Kate Emerson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book, for the most part, and would recommend it to other fans of historical fiction, especially other Tudor fans like I am.

That being said, though I did love the main character, Jane, I felt the "big mystery/secret" was very obvious, from the very first time it was hinted about. The series being called "Secrets of the Tudor Court", I was looking for secrets, plural, and the only other "secret" was a pretty silly, no one really cares kind of secret. I was definitely disappointed in that aspect.

My other big disappointment is from all of the reviews I had read about this book (reviews read after I bought the book), I was really expecting to get swept away in the historical narration & details, and I actually found them extremely lacking. If it wasn't for the historical names thrown about & the names of various castles/locations, you wouldn't have had any idea that the book took place during the Tudor court.

Otherwise, the book was a fast read, and I mostly likely would read the next book in the series, but I wouldn't rush to read it, either.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates