Friday, April 10, 2015

Drink the Harvest: Making and Preserving Juices, Wines, Meads, Teas, and Ciders by Nan K. Chase

Drink the Harvest: Making and Preserving Juices, Wines, Meads, Teas, and CidersDrink the Harvest: Making and Preserving Juices, Wines, Meads, Teas, and Ciders by Nan K. Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked this book up on a whim from my local library, and fell in love. I've been dabbling with the idea of making my own wine, looking up the occasional how to when I come across a post on pinterest that looks interesting, but this book pushed me over the edge, and I now can't wait to try making my own wines & meads (I'm researching sources of local honey now in preparation!) I discovered wild grapes on my property, and not being a big fan of grape jelly (which is what I made last year), I'd much rather turn them into wine!

The book has gorgeous photographs, is very well laid out, explains all the steps (and most important to me, doesn't just tell you what to do, but explains why doing something this way is so important, so instead of just telling you how to make wine, it educates you). It's a must for any gardener looking for alternate ways to preserving their crops.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates