Friday, September 6, 2013

Ask ME About MARY KAY: The true story behind the bumper sticker on the pink Cadillac by Jackie Brown

Ask ME About MARY KAY: The true story behind the bumper sticker on the pink CadillacAsk ME About MARY KAY: The true story behind the bumper sticker on the pink Cadillac by Jackie Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am not at all into makeup, cosmetics, & only the most basic of skin care. When I was asked to review this book, I agreed because Mary Kay is a household name, but what did I know about the history of the company? I didn't even know that there was an actual Mary Kay, let alone anything else.

The story starts in the beginning, of course, with the author, Jackie Brown, meeting Mary Kay for the first time, and goes on from there. The book reminds me of a badly written soap opera (not that the book is badly written, that's not what I mean), with so many one-sided, narcassistic characters, drama on every other page, lies, deceit, twists & turns, people being sued & killing themselves, and did I mention the drama? I was absolutely horrified that people treated each other the way people did in this book. I've never bought Mary Kay cosmetics, and I sure as heck won't buy them now; even if half of the things are true, I wouldn't want to support that company.

If you are at all interested in cosmetics, how to successful run & grow a business, or interested in soap operas *smile* then add this book to your TBR pile!

(I received a copy to review for free)

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates