Friday, August 9, 2013

Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage by Kody Brown

Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional MarriageBecoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage by Kody Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another book I read months ago but had to spend some time thinking about it before I had to read it.

This is the story that goes along with the TV show, Sister Wives. I admit, I'm a fan of the show. Do I believe it's all true? No, no reality show is gonna be that - the editors are going to pick and choose what scenes to show to share the story they want to tell. It's still fascinating to me all the same, all the more so as the kids are getting older and going off to college.

The book is told by Kody Brown and his wives. A lot of the information is the same as the show, but there's some new information presented here as well - especially the early years, when Kody Brown had just one or two wives. Meri was truly horrible to her sister wife back then, and it's really unclear how she feels about it now. The wives all struggle with jealousy, which is understandable, and you do see some small insights into that in this book as well - how they handle it.

Whether or not you agree with their lifestyle and choices, it's still an interesting read and if you enjoy watching the show, you'll most likely enjoy the book as well. I watch the show - and read books like this - because I enjoy learning about other lifestyles and cultures, and because more often then not, the truth is stranger than fiction.

If you are looking for more information about their faith, and what they believe - that's not covered in this book, as it's a 'personal' thing. This book is about their lives and relationships, not their faith.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates