Saturday, November 22, 2014

Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, The Dawn of Christmas by Cindy Woodsmall

Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, The Dawn of ChristmasChristmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, The Dawn of Christmas by Cindy Woodsmall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is one of those three in one type of books - three shorter stories contained in one larger book.I like Cindy Woodsmall's writing style, having read Plain Wisdom before.

The first story, the Sound of Sleigh Bells, was my least favorite. I didn't really like any of the characters and really hated the fact that the two main female characters, Beth & Lizzie, had very similar but obviously different names (which went along with the storyline, but I was constantly forgetting which one was the older aunt and which one was the younger one). Beth's big "secret" was very obvious to me from the very first page, and it drove me crazy that she was making such a big deal out of something so small (and add to that the fact that she was encouraged to lie about it, and that she agreed to keep quiet about the true details).

The other two stories were much more enjoyable and believable for me. I don't really like reading holiday specific books, but this one was pretty nice.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates