Wednesday, July 15, 2015

raising goats

Raising Goats Naturally: The Complete Guide to Milk, Meat and MoreRaising Goats Naturally: The Complete Guide to Milk, Meat and More by Deborah Niemann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another book I requested to read from netgalley on a whim - I honestly saw "goats" and translated that to "fiber" in my head, so I thought it was a book about raising fiber animals. That being said, this wasn't exactly the book I thought it was going to be, but I agreed to read the book, and so I read the book. It was more interesting than I thought it would be, even though I'm not going to be raising a goat anytime soon.

The book begins on explaining how to buy a goat, what to look for, what things to consider, the different breeds of goats. Niemann explains why raising a goat for a dairy animal is easier, simpler, and smarter than buying a dairy cow. There is a small section about fiber producing animals, but the bulk of the book is on the milk and meat products.

Every aspect of care is discussed, from parasites, to housing / shelter, bedding, fencing, food, companionship (goats like to be with other goats, not just other animals), protecting from other animals, and so on. There's lots of photos to help you on your journey of goat ownership.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates