Friday, May 3, 2013

The Tudor Secret by C.W. Gortner

The Tudor Secret (The Spymaster Chronicles, #1)The Tudor Secret by C.W. Gortner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was very excited when I first heard about this book, and was thrilled when I received a review copy. The book sucks you into the drama of Brendan Prescott from the first page. Every time you "meet" a historical character for the first time in the book, such as Elizabeth or William Cecil, you get a little "thrill". It reminded me of when Star Wars was re-released in the theaters, and every time a main character entered the screen for the first time, the audience loudly applauded.

Being called "The Tudor Secret" obviously the book had its secrets & mysteries. I was hoping for a little more romance & magic that I love to find in historical fiction books, but the characters are well written.

I received a copy of this book to review from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates