Friday, June 7, 2013

Friendship: Launch Day by S.J. MacDonald

Friendship: Launch DayFriendship: Launch Day by S.J. MacDonald
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a very interesting book, and not my usual read. I love futuristic type of books, but I do prefer plot-driven books much more then character driven books, which is what this book is.

That being said, the book does grab you from the very first page. I actually wrote something along the lines of "you could actually taste the excitement in the air" after reading the first chapter. But, after a few chapters... I got a little bored. The book is well written, and I did enjoy the main character, Kat, but there are so many new worlds, civilizations, and ideas introduced in the book, in a short time period, that I felt myself more confused by it all then entertained... which led to me being bored. There are some exciting moments, but like I said, I felt more confused then anything.

That being said, there were sections that I did greatly enjoy - not going to share & spoil - and the ending was great, and it was worth reading. I can't say I was terribly surprised by the ending - but I think I would have been disappointed if the ending was different.

I received a review copy from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates