Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Project Hope by Sean Joyce

Project HopeProject Hope by Sean Joyce
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just received this book from the author, who kindly sent me a review copy. It had what I felt to be a bit of a slow beginning, because the themes in this book are not my usual cup of tea.

Overall I enjoyed this book, especially the ending, which I didn't really expect. At times the book is very dark & despairing, but it's well written. I liked the fact that there weren't a lot of main characters, so you could really get to "know" each one of them.

There were a few things I didn't really care for: the main characters all live in the "zone", and until almost the very end, I didn't really understand that the rest of the world still existed (as it does in real life). There is no explanation for how, why, or when the zone was created, & that was a mystery that I thought would be revealed at the end - but wasn't. There's also a few scenes which I felt was really unlikely to happen to the world which Joyce created, which I won't get into further & ruin the book for you.

All in all, it was a quick read & an enjoyable one.

blogged: http://anastaciaknits.net/?p=1841

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates