Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pompeii: City on Fire by T.L. Higley

Pompeii: City on FirePompeii: City on Fire by T.L. Higley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pompeii, the City on Fire - a title that catches your interest right away. Despite the name, the book mostly deals with the lives of the citizens of the city in the days leading up to the disaster we all know about.

There's lots of different elements in this book - naturally, it's historical fiction, but there are also elements of Christianity (the days when Christians were still killed for their beliefs), mystery, romance, politics, and sports (gladiators). (I feel like this is a Princess Bride moment)

The characters in this book are all flawed, which makes them both likable and believable. Ariella, the main female character, is so stubborn that at times I wanted to yell at my e-reader to get through to her.

The moment when the volcano gives way is written very well and you can see events unfolding before your eyes, and the last part of the book was definitely the highlight of the entire novel for me (with my heart pumping the entire time).

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates