Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Apocalypse

Apocalypse (The Wasteland Chronicles, #1)Apocalypse by Kyle West
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a huge fan of 'end of the world' type of movies, love dystopia, yet I don't really read 'end of the world' books. So I was thrilled to snag this book for free from amazon and began reading it immediately.

It's a fast, quick read - fairly short - and took me about 90 minutes to read.

There's some grammatical errors and the book is in need of a better editor. Large portions of the book just seemed written by an amateur, and the premise is lacking. The author, West, does a lot of "telling" in the book instead of "showing", and leaves a lot open to the imagination instead of really setting the scene for us.

There's a fair mix of genres in the book - end of the world, zombies, meteors, bad guys, action, etc. There's not really any new ideas or themes, but all in all, it's not a bad read (especially for free).

I won't be buying the rest of the series, but would probably read the next one if I could pick it up for free again.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates