Monday, August 3, 2015

Scarlatti's Cat by Nathaniel Lachenmeyer

Scarlatti's CatScarlatti's Cat by Nathaniel Lachenmeyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Scarlatti's Cat is a cute children's story about an Italian music composer, Scarlatti, and his beautiful and smart cat, Pulcinella, and how his cat composed a sonata. Man, I wish my Wedgie was talented like that - does this mean his scratching on my furniture is really a display of artistry?

This book is beautifully drawn, and I especially love the drawings of Pulcinella, who reminds me a lot of my beloved Zorro. There's a great drawing of Scarlatti holding Pulcinella, with Handel's dog nearby.

The book also teaches young readers to follow their hearts, their passions and their dreams. Though being a proud and crazy cat lady, I was very sad to read the ending.





View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates