Friday, April 5, 2013

Mademoiselle Boleyn by Robin Maxwell

Mademoiselle BoleynMademoiselle Boleyn by Robin Maxwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was published in 2007 & I am rather surprised that it took me this long to read it. I guess I'm rather late to the game.

This book is a rather decent historically accurate (and the biggest things that Maxwell takes liberties with, she tells you about in the back of the book) book about Anne Boleyn before she becomes infamous, told from her point of view. It's rather different than other Tudor stuff I've read, & I rather enjoy how different the tale is. Anne is seen first as a young, confused child, who later grows into a strong, beautiful, powerful individual, who has learned to take control of her own destiny.

The book has a few adult scenes in it, which I wasn't expecting, but considering the court & the times, I guess I should have seen them coming. Most of it "fit" and wasn't an explicit scene just to have an explicit scene.

All in all, I liked the book - why only 4 stars? I love Anne Boleyn; she's my favorite of the 6 wives, and she's the one I enjoy reading about the most. But the Anne of this book, as much as I enjoyed reading it, I couldn't really fall in love with.

I got this book from the library.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates