Friday, March 7, 2014

Trafficked: The Terrifying True Story of a British Girl Forced into the Sex Trade by Sophie Hayes

Trafficked: The Terrifying True Story of a British Girl Forced into the Sex Trade Trafficked: The Terrifying True Story of a British Girl Forced into the Sex Trade by Sophie Hayes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this book to read from net-galley because though I know, in the vaguest possible terms, that things like trafficking and the sex trade do exist, it's so distant from my life that I don't really *know* what goes on.

Sophie starts off her book by telling us about her childhood with an abusive father and a mother she worships. She has a few adult relationships and meets a man, Kas, who she views with innocence. I found it hard to believe that she honestly never saw any signs of his insaneness prior to his kidnapping her, but certainly know that this does happen every day.

While Sophie's story is heartbreaking, and I can't even imagine her pain or how difficult it must have been for her to write of her story, it wasn't as emotional as I expected - which isn't necessarily a bad thing. She brings a story often ignored into media's attention (and that's one of the reasons why I read and am reviewing this book, to help educate people).

While a difficult story matter, this book was a very quick read.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Anastacia Reads Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon

Blogger Templates